Subject: Re: jornada 720 status
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: IWAMOTO Toshihiro <iwamoto@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 03/07/2002 10:29:41
At Wed, 6 Mar 2002 17:27:08 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time),
Todd Vierling wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
>
> : I'm considering the jornada for replacing a laptop I currently use for
> : configuring various network devices, but I'd like to know what works and
> : what doesn't work on it.
>
> For one, power management doesn't work correctly (last I checked, and no one
> has corrected me when I said this on list recently :).  And....

You can turn off LCD backlight.  And the CPU goes to idle mode when
there is no process to run.
The battery lasts more than 20 hours in this state, so I had kept my
jornada running NetBSD in my bag a while ago. But this means the battery
needs to be charged every night.

Using SA1110's suspend mode looks a bit tricky.
--
IWAMOTO Toshihiro