Subject: Re: current jornada 720
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 02/26/2002 09:36:20
On Tue, 26 Feb 2002, Herb Peyerl wrote:

: ok. I mistakenly assume the oblong connector on the back of the thing
: was the USB connector.  I've never used the cradle but don't have any
: need for a usb port anyway.

Ah, ok.  The cradle is only really useful as a USB connector for WinCE sync
(which uses those ten contact dots on the bottom of the unit, even though a
USB cable could be made to plug into the oblong connector too).

: So you should port the linux ipaq X-server to the j720.  I bet you
: can't.

Provided that a reasonable /dev/fb exists for NetBSD/hpc{arm,mips,sh} for
appropriate machines, a standard linear framebuffer X server should work.  I
think the only thing really `special' to the linux iPAQ X server is the
special on-screen keyboard functionality, which the 720 doesn't need (of
course).

Pretty much all these devices have simple mappable linear framebuffers;
hpcboot contains code to find the fb and make its address/size available to
NetBSD.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/