Subject: Re: ssh & console only, on hpcarm
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <David.Laight@btinternet.com>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 12/07/2001 22:41:03
> I suspect the most correct documentation of port-hpcarm's usefulness
> is success stories posted to this list.  I believe the last unanswered
> one was ``came close to getting kernel booting but no go''.

I was wondering how far that port had got.
I've a system here that is, in hardware terms, not completely dis-similar
to the jornada 720.  However I have all the logics, and know what the
low level starup code does (nothing) and what you have to do to get
something running on it.
It also does run an OS I can compile up....
So I could get a filesystem onto a compact flash card using ftp.

Does 'current' contain the latest hpcarm sources? if so what do I
have to do to manage to build any of current without destroying my
working 1.5.2 i386 system?
Parts of the netBSD build scheme seem brain-dead to me!
(like the global option of what you are going to build, the fact that you
(seem to) have to install everything you build onto the current system...)

    David