Subject: ssh & console only, on hpcarm
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 12/07/2001 15:18:28
AFAIK, NetBSD does not support upper-level IrDA layers, so there is no
IrDA on any platform.

I suspect the most correct documentation of port-hpcarm's usefulness
is success stories posted to this list.  I believe the last unanswered
one was ``came close to getting kernel booting but no go''.

If the quantity you need is small, I suggest hpcmips instead.  It
works very well for me (with X11.  plain console is too slow.)
Although the serial interface drops a lot of characters and the
touchscreen accuracy often inspires violence and there is no
closed-source web browser or Common LISP for mipsle, it DOES run ssh
and have a keyboard, and it works, so these days it's pretty damn
good, for a computer.

I love my hpcmips machine, but now that it's loosing its
``disposable'' feature, it is not nearly so appealing as it once was.

--
Happiness is the maximum agreement between reality and desire.
		-- Joseph Stalin