Subject: Re: [HELP] Cann't compile hpcarm for iPAQ kernel
To: Armani Lia <armani_lia@yahoo.com.tw>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 09/11/2001 15:20:15
On Tue Sep 11 2001 at 17:35:12 +0800, Armani Lia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to compile hpcarm kernel for iPAQ on -CURRENT,
> I got the following
> messages:
>
> [SNIP]
>
> arm-unknown-netbsdelf-gcc: installation problem,
> cannot exec `cpp0': No
> such fil
> e or directory
> mkdep: compile failed.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> make: stopped in
> /usr/src/sys/arch/hpcarm/compile/MYCONF/lib/kern
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> make: stopped in
> /usr/src/sys/arch/hpcarm/compile/MYCONF
>
> Would anyone tell me how to solve it, thanks.
> BTW, I followed the
> http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/hpcarm/howto-use.html
> to build cross-tools and set environments.

IIRC at least I had to install some files from the gcc build directory
manually. I think the files were cpp0 and cc1. They are built, but not
installed for some weird reason, perhaps because the toolchain build
system is currently in a flux.

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>          v          Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/             i            http://www.NetBSD.org/