Subject: Re: palm-sized hardware for mobile project
To: None <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>
From: Thomas Coffy <karma@altern.org>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 08/21/2001 17:39:08
On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 04:17:26PM +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:
> Thomas Coffy wrote:
> >On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 11:13:20AM +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:
> >> The iPAQ bootloader supports NetBSD now.
>
> I wrote the NetBSD support, so I ought to know if it works or not.

Following http://netbsd.org/Ports/hpcarm/howto-use.html, i tried to boot the
snapshot kernel (ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/hpcarm/snapshot/kernel/netbsd-IPAQ20010708.gz).
And it failed... (can't show output now... i'm at my office...)

I can't find any documentation anywhere, and Jamey Hicks told me he hasn't
tested the support for NetBSD.

So, sorry...
Maybe, you can show me a hint for booting a valid kernel with bootldr ?