Subject: Re: very cool.
To: IWAMOTO Toshihiro <iwamoto@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 07/19/2001 09:00:05
IWAMOTO Toshihiro <iwamoto@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>  wrote:
 > The handhelds.org's code
 > http://cvs.handhelds.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/linux/kernel/drivers/char/jornada720map.map?rev=1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
 > says "/" is keycode 120.
 > As I don't have a US model, could you try something like
 >
 > 	$ wsconsctl -w "map+=keycode 120=slash question"
 >
 > and tell me how the keymap should be?

that works correctly now.

So shall I check this in:

RCS file: /cvsroot/syssrc/sys/arch/hpcarm/dev/j720kbdmap.c,v
retrieving revision 1.1
diff -c -r1.1 j720kbdmap.c
*** j720kbdmap.c        2001/06/23 09:20:05     1.1
--- j720kbdmap.c        2001/07/19 14:57:42
***************
*** 95,101 ****
      KC(71),                   KS_m,
      KC(72),                   KS_comma,       KS_less,
      KC(73),                   KS_period,      KS_greater,
-     KC(74),                   KS_slash,       KS_question,
      KC(76),                   KS_Return,
      KC(81),                   KS_Tab,
      KC(83),                   KS_Shift_L,
--- 95,100 ----
***************
*** 105,110 ****
--- 104,110 ----
      KC(113),                  KS_Meta_L,
      KC(114),  KS_Cmd1,                KS_Control_L,
      KC(116),                  KS_space,
+     KC(120),                  KS_slash,       KS_question,
      KC(121),  KS_Cmd_ResetEmul,       KS_Delete,

      /* below are guesses from Japanese model key layout */

 > If you find difficulty finding right keycodes, I'll build a debug
 > kernel with printfs in sys/arch/hpcarm/dev/j720ssp.c.

Thanks for the tip.  I'll play with the other few missing keycodes.

 > > 3) is there any way to avoid having to pull the battery to reboot and have to
 > > recalibrate your stylus every time?  The wonder and joy of that experience is
 > > beginning to wane somewhat.
 >
 > I tried to resolve this problem by zeroing the whole RAM with no
 > success.  I suppose some hardware tweaking before reboot is necessary.
 > But good news is that you can skip the calibration and boot without
 > using the stylus by setting "Auto boot" in hpcarm option tab. ;-)

oh. that's a good workaround. thanks.

 > > 5) is the audio on the jornada hooked up to the MCP or is there a seperate
 > > audio device?
 >
 > handhelds.org says there is a UDA1341 attached to SA1111's audio
 > interface.  But audio driver has very low priority in my TODO list.

I was cruising around handhelds.org but I didn't find much jornada specific
info. just a lot of iPaq stuff and I didn't know how similar the two devices
were wired...

I wasn't suggesting to make it a high priority project.  I just thought I'd
play with it in my spare time.