Subject: HPC J720 hardisk
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org>
From: James Vodanovich <jvodan@telkom.net>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 07/17/2001 11:16:57
I partitioned and labeled my Compact Flash Harddisk (IBM 1gig) on my
portable unpacked the snapshot and tried to boot from wd on my j720  with
no luck, using the latest hpcboot and kernel, yes I did run Makedev. I have
two partitions one wince and one netbsd (the second partition). The kernel
fails to find the root device, is this because the kernal doesn't yet
support booting from wd or is because I have two partitions with netbsd
being second.

The Kernel  is
The kernel and snapshot differ by a few days I assume I may get some
problems from this but I would still expect it to boot. a 1.5 kernel will
boot on a system with 1.4 binaries though admitadly most things core when run.

Interestingly wince recognises the first partition but windows 2000 doesn't
and wants to initialise the disk.

I have tried to use vnconfig to create a miniroot but get the message
opendisk Device not configured yet I have
vnd	4
in my kernels config.

This is on a NetBSD 1.5 i386

Any Help would be apreciated