Subject: JORNADA720 kernel
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: IWAMOTO Toshihiro <email@example.com>
Date: 06/23/2001 21:55:11
I've put an hpcarm kernel image configured for JORNADA720 at
ftp> ls netbsd-JORNADA720-20010623.gz
229 Entering Extended Passive Mode (|||58963|)
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for '/bin/ls'.
-rwxrwxr-x 1 1234 netbsd 958006 Jun 23 05:35 netbsd-JORNADA720-20010623.gz
226 Transfer complete.
257 "/pub/NetBSD/arch/hpcarm/snapshot/kernel" is the current directory.
(There was a short window of breakage, so check size and timestamp if
using a mirror.)
Random notes for trying this kernel (I assume you are familiar with
1. You need a recent copy of hpcboot.exe.
hpcboot.exe has been broken till a few days ago.
2. You'll probably need to choose "HP Jornada 720 (Japanese)", even if
your model is not a Japanese version.
3. You at least need to do "wsconscfg -k" to use the keyboard.
4. As I don't have a US model, the keymap for US keyboards probably
has some errors. Feedbacks appreciated.
5. I confirmed wi(4) and ne(4) PCMCIA network cards work. YMMV.
6. arm32 disklabel(8) doesn't work. The easiest way would be to write
a disklabel using a NetBSD/i386 host.