Subject: Re: Jornada 720 reliability?
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: IWAMOTO Toshihiro <iwamoto@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 06/10/2001 13:48:43
At Sat, 9 Jun 2001 18:54:32 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time),
Todd Vierling wrote:

> It would be rather nice to have a 720 bootable to NetBSD for demonstration
> purposes, even if it doesn't do a whole lot at the moment.  How stable is
> the kernel on the 720, particularly the framebuffer console?

Well, framebuffer should not affect the stability, but keyboard code
isn't committed yet.  My keyboard code needs some cleanup and I'm not
having enough time to do.

I use my 720 to read mail (with mgl + emacs + wanderlust) in train on
a rather daily basis, so I think its stability is enough for
demonstration purposes.

BTW, I've noticed the following troubles caused be recent changes.
I hope I'll be fixing this in a week or so...

- newer (> 2001/05/21 ?) hpcboot cannot boot kernel
- text mode display characters too dim (but no problem with mgl)

--
IWAMOTO Toshihiro