Subject: Re: NetBSD psion port
To: None <Richard.Earnshaw@buzzard.freeserve.co.uk>
From: John Fremlin <chief@bandits.org>
List: port-hpcarm
Date: 04/11/2001 00:27:55
Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@buzzard.freeserve.co.uk> writes:

> > David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org> writes:
> >
> > > On 10 Apr 2001, John Fremlin wrote:
> >
> > [...]

[...]

> Specs for the chip in the 5mx were not available for a long time,
> though I believe that they have now been released.  The guys working
> on the linux port might be able to tell you where you can get a
> copy.

I'm waiting for a reply from them :-)

[...]

> NB, it's not the core cpu that's the problem (which is arm7tdmi and
> arm7 respectivly), but the peripherals on the chip that the data is
> needed for.

I'm not too au fait with the internals of such devices. Do you mean,
stuff like activating the keyboard, serial port, touchscreen etc.? (I
think I should be able to handle that.) Or are you talking about
lowerlevel stuff?

> > The CPU in the 710 T is a ARM 7TDMI. I think the arm-32 port has had
> > some luck with these processors - the hpcarm is more StrongARM
> > orientated?
>
> Yep, it would probably be better to pilliage off a combination of all the
> ARM ports.

What stuff can I pillage: Do any work off of a 710 T MMU?

Anybody seen the serial port: National Semiconductors ADC
12130/12132/12138 before?

I guess I'll need to patch up the bootloader to gel with the linux
one.

--

	http://www.penguinpowered.com/~vii