Port-hp700 archive

Re: Netbsd on HP rp5470 (L3000)

On 1/31/09, Felix Resch <fuller%droog.sdf-eu.org@localhost> wrote:

> I'm afraid my co-workers are going to install debian as it seems to
> work. *grml*
>
> Thanks for your help!

Yes, Debian works quite good and it is the system of choice installed
on PA-RISC machines sold on auctions to show the buyers the machine
actually works. That you have a server class machine is even worse
because you cannot simply install HP-UX but you are obliged to pay
licence fees to HP too. Workstation class machines, like Cxxxx have
licence price tag already put in the machine price, so no additional
fee is required and HP-UX patches from HP site are available at no
cost.