Subject: Re: funny stuff in com_dino.c
To: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-hp700
Date: 06/16/2006 11:04:59
On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 19:28:25 -0700
"Garrett D'Amore" <garrett_damore@tadpole.com> wrote:

> Do folks want to be able to use com* at dino as the console device?=20
I checked the configuration of my machines that are equiped with a Dino.
As far as it seems "com at dino" is only used in the C240 as the second
serial port. "com at dino" in the B180 / B132 is disabled by the
hardware, as the WAX chip provides the second serial port on those
machines. (The first serial port is always on the LASI chip.) The C240
is not supported by NetBSD due to its PA-2.0, i.e. 64 bit, CPU. So I
would say nobody will care at the moment about serial console on "com at
dino".

> The odds improve if someone sends me h/w, as I haven't any.
Unfortunately shipping costs from Germany will be prohibitive, given the
weight of those machines. If we get support for the C240 I can put my
C240 into a remote debugging facility where you can remote powercycle
and netboot the machine with serial console.
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen