Subject: Re: C360 support
To: Tobias Nygren <tnn+nbsd@nygren.pp.se>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: port-hp700
Date: 03/20/2006 07:46:37
On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 02:47:03PM +0100, Tobias Nygren wrote:
> Is anyone looking at importing the HP Visualize C360 support bits from
> OpenBSD?

not that I know of, no.

> I was recently given a "defective" C360 that I managed to resurrect so
> I'll have a go at it myself unless someone is working on it already ...

the C360 has a PA-8500 CPU, which uses the PA 2.0 architecture.  this
means that we'll need changes to the pmap code to support the new TLB.
our hppa pmap code is completely different from openbsd's, so this will
need to be reimplemented rather than just brought over.  the rest of it
(new drivers, etc) should be much easier to just merge in.

-Chuck