Subject: Re: NetBSD 3.0 working on a 715/64 with only a few core dumps
To: None <port-hp700@NetBSD.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-hp700
Date: 01/26/2006 09:51:22
On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 11:13:05 -0500
Douglas Wade Needham <cinnion@ka8zrt.com> wrote:

> > For now you may set the HW clock via the firmware menue.
> I do not see a way to do that.
[...]
Maybe your machine / PROM is too old. I remember that the not-so-old
B-class machines have a menu option for setting the TOY clock somewhere
deep in some menu.

> > We should get GCC 4.x in the near future, maybe we are in luck and
> > the bugs are gone with 4.x.
> And new ones we do not know show up...
Yes. But they are maybe not that critical as the current und I have the
hope that GCC 4.x generates faster PA-RISC code. GCC 3.x seems to be
quite suboptimal in that area.

> Indeed.  Such is always the case.  I may see if I can find the docs on
> the HW clock and perhaps get that working on my 715/64,
Most likely the TOY clock is accessed via firmware calls.
[peek into manual]
Yes, there is a PDC_TOD.
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,