Subject: Re: HP 712 Installation story + iee0 going OACTIVE..
To: Rudi Ludwig <rudihl@gmx.de>
From: Martin S. Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
List: port-hp700
Date: 10/19/2005 08:19:44
On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 08:12:55PM +0200, Rudi Ludwig wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 15:28:49 +0200
> "Martin S. Weber" <Ephaeton@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > Preparatory steps were 'simply' building the latest NetBSD (-current) on
> > my i386 host with build.sh (that's now the third architecture I've cross-built
> > on i386, blesseth be build.sh!) and setting up netbooting as was described.
> >
> an Alternative would be:
> ftp://ftp.de.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/200510140000Z/hp700/

Oh, cross building worked well enough and I have a source tree here
anyways. Besides, I was installing before that date...

> in binary it also includes xserver.tgz and friends. Since I have not been
> that lucky with my 712/60 I cannot yet tell you what to expact.

I could build xserver too, it just doesn't include an x server (iirc).

> Seams like some changes between Gecko and King Gecko make the difference
> for the moment (you can consult mailing list archive sept. oct. 05 for details).

Maybe I should have a look on more recent -current...

> > During some pkgsrc builds I've also found out how to distinguish 'non-working'
> > iee0 from 'working' iee0 - if it's broken, instead of flag "RUNNING" it has
> > "OACTIVE" set.
> >
> Please see "PR kern/31540: iee0: iee_intr: receive ring buffer overrun"
> and add if apropriate, additional information might help narrowing the
> problem down

I don't think I was seeing these messages. The machine just suddenly
stops having network. I suppose I assemble all data from this machine
and send a pr...

Regards,

-Martin