Subject: Re: Machine Check with 26 May LIF image
To: None <port-hp700@NetBSD.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-hp700
Date: 06/02/2005 19:42:52
On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 14:19:44 +0200 (CEST)
Havard Eidnes <he@uninett.no> wrote:

> I thought about retrying to do the installation by hand, but then I
> realized I don't know what the machine dependent requirements are for
> partitioning of the hard drive, where to put the boot loader, if it
> has to be a particular partition type etc. etc.
Partitioning isn't different than for other architectures. Slice a is
the boot / root FS, b swap, c entire disk, the other slices as you like.
Just disklabel(8) the disk as you want. Run "disklabel -B sd0" to
install the boot blocks, make sure to "cp /usr/mdec/boot /boot.hp700" on
the disk.=20
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen