Subject: Re: distrib/hp700 bits
To: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
From: Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com>
List: port-hp700
Date: 05/16/2005 08:03:50
On May 16, 2005, at 7:58 AM, Chuck Silvers wrote:

> I whipped up a netboot/miniroot thingy for doing hp700 installs.

Cool.

> the resulting LIF image can either be netbooted or dd'd to the
> beginning
> of a disk and booted from there.  is there anything else I should do
> on this
> before checking it in?
>
> I don't know much about making CD boot images, and even less about CD
> boot
> for HP boxes, so can someone else look into that?

If it's anything like hp300, then dumping that LIF image to CD should
"just work".  AFAICT, they didn't have any provisions for booting from
CD-ROM in the BootROM, so they just treated CDs as any other SCSI HD.
At least, that's what the HPUKES 9.10 CDs looked like to me.

Thanks for moving hp700 forward!

   -- MW