Subject: Re: E-class: partial success
To: None <port-hp700@netbsd.org>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-hp700
Date: 05/22/2004 17:35:04
On Sat, 22 May 2004 17:51:07 +0400
Sergey Svishchev <svs@ropnet.ru> wrote:

> I know that E-class has no SCSI support, but what the hell...
And most likely will never get. SCSI, console and other peripherals sit
on the HP-PB bus. There is no documentation for this bus and the
attached devices available. (At least to my knowledge.) No doc, no
driver.

> The autoconfig code would not attach cpu at mainbus, so I had to force
> it
I know. I did the same for my E55 some time back. The problem is that
the CPU and memory controller don't apear in the firmware device tree.
The current code can only find devices that are found through the
firmware device tree. I decided to not commit my code as it doesn't help
much to support the Exx machines. All you can do with them is run them
diskles. (And console works only through the firmware.)

Nevertheless: Thanks for your hint.
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen