Subject: Re: compiling and testing hp700
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: port-hp700
Date: 11/23/2003 09:34:45
On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 08:59:57AM -0800, Matt Thomas wrote:

> >>I've managed to build the bootloader, but I am having trouble with
> >>mkboot. What commands do you use?
> >In this case mkboot needs to be build with the host tools. I.e. don't
> >use nbmake or mbmake-hp700, just use make. Once build, you may copy it
> >to nbmkboot into the bin directory in your tooldir to have everything
> >on
> >one place.
>
> Then it should be made as part of the host tools.  I'll try to do that
> today.  nbhp700-mkboot would be it's name (since it's hp700 specific).

actually the same tool is used for hp300... there are currently separate
copies of this for hp300 and hp700.  the hp700 version is probably better
than the hp300 version at this point.

really this is more of a "mklif" than "mkboot".  it would be nice if we
had tools to do more with LIF files than just create them, too.
but I digress...

-Chuck