Subject: re: Reanimating port hp700
To: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-hp700
Date: 09/19/2003 09:33:06
   Hi.

   I am interrested in reanimating port hp700. As I understand the problem
   the first thing that must happen is enabling the hppa target of the new
   in tree GCC 3.x toolchain. Unfortunately I am no toolchain guru. Can
   someone with "The Clue" (C) (R) (TM) outline the steps needed to get the
   hppa target working?

   Simply seting HAVE_GCC3=yes and removing hppa from the list of not
   supported archs in share/mk/bsd.own.mk is too simple to be all.

see the notes in src/tools/toolchain/README.mknative, but note that
you want to be working from src/tools/gcc.  the process is pretty
much the same, except you run "nbmake-$MACHINE native-gcc" instead
of just "native".  the README does explain this as well.

anything else, please ask me.

.mrg.