Subject: HP monitors.
To: None <port-hp700@netbsd.org>
From: Paul (NCC/CS) <pts@bom.gov.au>
List: port-hp700
Date: 02/05/2003 10:50:58
Hi Folks,

firstly the HP machine that may come into my possession
that I spoke of earlier is not a HP 9000/800 L1000 - 44.
This is a relatively new one! It's the upgrade.

The old one that I might get is a HP 9000/K420. Still a box
that alot of fun can be had with.

My question today is about monitors.  I have read in the
user manual that you can hook up a graphics monitor to
this.  They specify a "A2094A".  I think I have an "A2094B"
monitor around the place. So my question is, what's the
difference between an A2094A and a A2094B? Is this
significant?

Further the K420 seems to use an interesting cable to hook
to the graphics monitor. ie It's not a VGA high density plug.
Currently I have my A2094B hooked to an intel machine
with a VGA cable. (This works due to a sync on green,
matrox millennium card). So does anyone know about this
special cable? Like what the specs are for the pins in it, or
where you can get one?

PS I'm hoping NetBSD will run on it. But if not I'll try
Debian Linux.

Thanks,
Paul.

Paul