Subject: Re: framebuffer for 9000/800
To: Paul NCC/CS <pts@bom.gov.au>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-hp700
Date: 01/20/2003 08:55:46
On 2003.01.20 06:11 Paul NCC/CS wrote:

> Been searching the net for information on these
> 9000/800 machines. It seems that they can ONLY
> run a serial console? Is that correct?=20
AFAIK yes. The 800 mchines are "servers" and servers need no framebuffer
console.=20

> Is there no possible way of hooking up a frame buffer=20
> and graphics monitor to them?
Don't know. May be possible if you can get a framebuffer with the right
bus interface and form factor.=20

To the question if NetBSD will run on it: I don't know. There may be
some architectural differences from the 700 to the 800 line. I know for
sure that NetBSD does not run on the early 800 PA 1.0 based machines.
The Question is also: What machine do you have? I never heared
"L1000-44" or "rp5400". I know machine types like "HP9000 817" or
"HP9000 800 E55". Maybe you should check http://www.openpa.net/
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
         Jochen