Subject: new snapshot
To: None <port-hp700@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Fredette <fredette@theory.lcs.mit.edu>
List: port-hp700
Date: 07/07/2002 09:42:17
Hi!  There is a new binary snapshot of NetBSD/hp700 available under:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/hp700/snapshot/20020706-1.6D/

Check your local mirror for a copy.

There is still no new machine support - if the previous snapshots
didn't work for you, this one won't either... sorry!

The new feature of this snapshot is shared libraries.  This has cut
the snapshot size by more than half (45MB instead of over 100MB).
I've been testing shared libraries for a week now, and things seem
pretty good, but there's always a chance I missed something subtle
in the run-time architecture, so let me know if programs mysteriously
dump core.

Matt

--
Matt Fredette