Subject: Re: hp 715 new snapshot
To: None <port-hp700@netbsd.org>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: port-hp700
Date: 03/09/2002 15:51:11
On Sat, Mar 09 2002 at 12:33:28 +0100, Jaap Boender wrote:
> "Yves Bodack" <bodack@stud.fh-heilbronn.de> wrote:
> : Hi,
> : i just wanted to thank Matt for his great work, even, if its not yet working
> : on my 712/60 Gecko. On my box i have exactly the same output that Thilo had
> : with his 715/80. Well, despite the machine model line of course. So i'm just
> : wondewring, that Jaap Boender got an further on his Gecko. May be he has a
> : different firmware version than me (2.3).
>
> No, I've got 2.3 too...perhaps my box is just broken. I'll reproduce the
> terminal output here:
The difference between your two machines might be the amount of memory.

FWIW here's the matrix of all reports posted to the mailinglist so far,
sorry if I missed one or misstyped a name:

Machine	Mem		Owner				Status
710		   32M	Jörg Anton			panic: pmap_bootstrap: cannot insert BTLB entry

712/60     16M	Jaap Boender		zillions of "kernel: DTLB miss trap"
712/60	    ??	Yves Bodack			same as 715/80
712/100    32M	Paul Weissmann		works

735/100   240M	Michael Wolfson		works
715/33	   32M	Dan McMahill		works
715/50     48M	Matt Fredette		works
715/80     64M	Thilo Manske		panic: cannot map mainbus IO space
715/100	    ??	Jörg Anton			same as 710

780 (c180)  ?? ITOH Yasufumi		hangs

"works" means, gets to the point were the kernel wants to mount the root
filesystem.

--
Dies ist Thilos Unix Signature! Viel Spass damit.