Subject: Re: graphics console for 712/100
To: Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>
From: Yves Bodack <bodack@stud.fh-heilbronn.de>
List: port-hp700
Date: 03/09/2002 15:30:42

> I think my problem is getting into the bootprom. No matter how hard I
> pound ESC, I eventually hear a beep and the HD starts spinning like it's
> booting up the OS. The num-lock led on the keyboard also goes out at
> this time. Never having actually seen or used a HP bootprom I find
> myself quite in the dark.
>
> Any hints?

On my HP this works: Turn it on and after 2-3sec start hitting ESC
repetetivly for about 15-20sec. If there is no HD activity or beep (hpux
only) you are in man console.
Afer that type

<Enter>               (just to be shure)
moni 11 <Enter>

for 640x480x75 vesa (no sync on green)

Hmm, maybe the numbers are different, if you don't have the 2MB video memory
expansion my box has. Then the number for this mode may be lower, around 6
to 8 i guess.

ciao yves...