Subject: Re: graphics console for 712/100
To: Antti Kantee <port-hp700@netbsd.org>
From: Yves Bodack <bodack@stud.fh-heilbronn.de>
List: port-hp700
Date: 03/09/2002 13:27:49
From: "Antti Kantee" <pooka@iki.fi>

> thing is not set to serial console, and none of my monitors seem to be
> happy talking to it.
>
> Has anyone had luck putting a non-HP monitor onto the 712? If so, clues
> as to what kind of display it wants are appreciated.

"Worst" Resolution/Freq my 712 is capable is 1280x1024 with 75Hz. But I
guess the problem in your case is that the monitor needs to work with sync
on green.

> Or should I just attempt to type the commands blindfolded.

You can give it a try. Press ESC after turning on your box, and wait about
10sec.
After that type

moni 7

for 640x480x60, then turn off and on again. May be there will be light...

ciao yves...