Subject: Re: hp 715 new snapshot
To: None <port-hp700@netbsd.org>
From: Jaap Boender <jaapb@kerguelen.org>
List: port-hp700
Date: 03/04/2002 15:44:27
Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de> wrote:
: On 2002.03.04 01:57 Matt Fredette wrote:
:
: > 2.  This snapshot has been tested on exactly one machine:
: >     An HP 9000/715/50 with 48MB of RAM and a serial console.
: >     I have no idea if any other machine type or configuration
: >     will work.
: Is the 715 the one and only configured machine, or is there support for
: other machines compiled in, but not tested? I have a 715/33 and a 712/60
: and wane get rid of HP/sUX...

I suppose not. I just tried this on my 712/60; the kernel boots all right,
but right after the message about scsibus0 I get an enormous (infinite, I
suppose) number of error messages "kernel: DTLB miss trap, code=f0080000".
Still and all, it's wonderful to see the words "NetBSD" appear on my terminal
screen :)

  Jaap
---
Un jour de canicule sur un véhicule où je circule, gesticule un funambule au
bulbe minuscule, à la mandibule en virgule et au capitule ridicule.
  -- Raymond Queneau, Exercices de style