Subject: Re: NetBSD on a HP Apollo?
To: Glen Hollings <GHollings@admin.gil.com.au>
From: Kjetil B. Thomassen <kjetilbt@thomassen.priv.no>
List: port-hp700
Date: 01/11/2001 09:57:39
On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Glen Hollings wrote:

> Ive got a Apollo Model 715/75 can I get NetBSD on it?

If that is a Pa-RISC based HP, then the answer is unfortnately no at
present.

There is a cross-compiler available somewhere, but the booting mechanism
has not yet been sorted out. That is the next thing that the person in
charge of this is going to work on.

If you would like to volunteer, there are lots of things that need to be
done. Please let us know.

I have a 712/60 lying around at home idle, and as soon as I get some
available time I will start working on assisting this port.

When we get the hp700 port up and running, that will be my fifth NetBSD
platform I am running at home. From before I have sparc, arm32, arm26 and
i386.

I'm sorry that we don't have a port yet.

Kjetil B.
http://www.thomassen.priv.no/
mailto:kjetil@thomassen.priv.no