Subject: RE: Apollo 700
To: John A. Maier <johnam@kemper.org>
From: Pedro G. Gonnet <pedro@vis.ethz.ch>
List: port-hp700
Date: 03/09/2000 09:51:48
hello

> 2) Since the VGA port definatly doesn't seem to work (tried 4 monitors,
> even B&W), I don't have a HIL connector; how do I get it to default the
> console to a serial port?

as far as i know, it will default to the serial port when it can't find
a keyboard or mouse. just connect an old terminal to it and see what
happens. the terminal settings are something like 9600/8/n.

as for the diagnostic lights - the heart is just that: when the machine
is up an running it "beats". as for the sideways position, the machines
were usualy shoved verticaly into racks -> you're looking at it
sideways.

the square-thingy is a disk and the other two are network activity.

cheers
pedro gonnet