Subject: RE: Apollo 700
To: port-hp700@netbsd.org <port-hp700@netbsd.org>
From: John A. Maier <johnam@kemper.org>
List: port-hp700
Date: 03/02/2000 11:27:00
> The most definitive source I've seen is:
> <http://puffin.external.hp.com/docs/980723.pdf>

Good doc...if your system is in it.

I figured out that it HP's Model: A1991 which isn't listed in that doc.

I got back to the product illustrations and it looks as if I have a 710
ir 705, without a floppy drive.

I've cracked it open and here are my observations:

The big main chip has HP 1FZ3-0001 90050002 REV C 5181-2499
There is a unmarked TI manufactured chip next to the big HP chip.

It uses the NCR 53C700, SCSI controller, I think.
The board number is A1991-66001
2 rows of 4 SIMM slots (8 SIMM total)
No expansion ports.

Front:
diagnostics LED labeled from left to right 87654321
	8-5 unlabeled.
	4 has a sidewise heart with a dot in the middle.
	3 is a square on a point with an arrow out the top (SCSI?).
	2 An arrow pointing up to a dot.
	1 An arrow pointing down to a row of dots.
Power switch

Now  the questions are:
1) is it a 705 or 710?
2) Since the VGA port definatly doesn't seem to work (tried 4 monitors,
even B&W), I don't have a HIL connector; how do I get it to default the
console to a serial port?

Thanks for all the help thus far.

John A. Maier
Kemper Military School and College