Subject: Cross compiler package(s)
To: None <port-hp700@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Schnoebelen <eric@cirr.com>
List: port-hp700
Date: 01/11/2000 20:45:36
I've got the packages to generate a cross compiler for
hppa--netbsd `done'. Ok, they compile, link, and install.  And
they appear to generate objects, although I haven't been able to
generate a useful binary just yet..

Anyway, the following new/updated packages are available at
ftp.cirr.com:/pub/hppa/NetBSD:

		COMMON.tar
		binutils-2.9.1.2.tar
		hppa-netbsd-1.4.0.0.tar

COMMON.tar and binutils-2.9.1.2.tar are meant to replace the
common and binutils packages in pkgsrc/cross.
hppa-netbsd-1.4.0.0.tar is a new package.

Feico, could you create a repository for the pkgsrc/cross bits?
(starting with a clone of the existing pkgsrc/cross bits.)

Is there someone else game to integrate the patches I've
generated into the main compiler tree?

FYI: cross/COMMON and cross/binutils required changes to add
support for the hppa-elf bfd object handling.  The bits were
there, but they weren't enabled in the default configuration.

--
Eric Schnoebelen		eric@cirr.com		http://www.cirr.com
      Where subtlety fails us we must simply make do with cream pies.