Subject: Re: 425t serial console
To: None <hpeyerl@beer.org, tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp, macallan@NetBSD.org>
From: KIYOHARA Takashi <kiyohara@kk.iij4u.or.jp>
List: port-hp300
Date: 12/31/2007 23:08:08
Hi!

From: KIYOHARA Takashi <kiyohara@kk.iij4u.or.jp>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 16:18:10 +0900 (JST)

> > The full instructions are here:
> > http://www.NetBSD.org/ports/hp300/faq.html#serialconsole400
> > but I don't know if there is another way to setup serial console
> > without a HIL keyboard.
>
> I was not reading this. This will be tried again tonight.

I see BOOTROM and Configuration Controll.

  1. 'Power' on
  2. wait a minute
  3. 'Service' on
  4. 'RESET' on
  5. wait twice beep
  6. press 'C' <return> on host computer.

MD11 REV 3.0 1991/03/25.17:03:08
BOOTROM  Rev. 3.01  2 MAY 91

>HELP
A    ACCESS MEM      B    BKPT            BOOT DO NORMAL BOOT  C    COPY MEM
CB   CLR BKPT        CF   CONFIG          CT   CONT TEST       D    DSPLAY MEM
DC   DATA CACHE      DEVS LIST DEVICES    DI   DEFINE DISK     DFR  DUMP FP REGS
DL   DOWN LOAD       DR   DUMP REGS       DU   DUMP SYSTEM     ET   EXTEND TEST
EX   EXECUTE         EY   EX-N-TRAP       F    FILL MEM        FC   FUNC CODE
G    GO              GO   GO OVER TRAP    HELP HELP            IB   INACTIVATE BKP
IC   INSTR CACHE     KD   KEY DEFINE      LD   LIST SAU        M    MAPPED MODE
MEM  MEMORY          MT   MENU TEST       NID  SHOW NODE ID    P    PHYSICAL MODE
PC   PHYSICAL CACHE  PNET PRIMARY NETWOR  PV   PA-TO-VA        RE   RESET
S    SEARCH MEM      SK   SEL KEYBD       SO   STEP OVER       SS   SNGLE STEP
TE   SELF TEST       V    VERIFY MEM      VP   VA-TO-PA        XD   DISABL XON
XE   ENABL XON

>CF

                                           Configuration Control
                                        keys Control Class
                                        ---------------------------
                                          1  I/O Configuration
                                          2  Boot Mode Selection

                                          A  Abort without changes
                                        ---------------------------
                                                                                        Type [key] RETURN ?       2

                                             Boot Mode Selection
                                        keys Mode            Status
                                        ---------------------------
                                          1  Domain Compatible   P
                                          2  HP-UX Compatible
                                          3  undefined

                                          C  Clear Temporary
                                          E  Execute
                                          A  Abort without changes
                                        ---------------------------
                                                                                        Type [key] RETURN ?       2

                                          2  HP-UX Compatible
                                           Temporary or Permanent
                                                                                        Type T or P  RETURN ?       P

                                                                                             Boot Mode Selection
                                        keys Mode            Status
                                        ---------------------------
                                          1  Domain Compatible
                                          2  HP-UX Compatible    P
                                          3  undefined

                                          C  Clear Temporary
                                          E  Execute
                                          A  Abort without changes
                                                                                        Type [key] RETURN ?       E~

However, after this, I was not able to see the message.  And, the hp300
machine has not output the message to the serial console up to now since
after reboots.  X-<

I will try obtaining HP-HIL.

Thanks,
--