Subject: Re: 425t serial console
To: KIYOHARA Takashi <kiyohara@kk.iij4u.or.jp>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: port-hp300
Date: 12/25/2007 20:10:24
On Dec 25, 2007, at 8:05 PM, KIYOHARA Takashi wrote:
> I having apollo Series 400 (425t).  I want to work NetBSD with this
> machine.
> Because I don't have the cable of RGB, it does by being using the
> serial
> console.  However, nothing was displayed though the serial cable was
> connected.
>
>  9600 bps, 8 bits, no parity, 1 stop bit.
>

> Should I obtain RGB cable and the HIL keyboard first?
> Please help someone.

Boy... This is really reaching into the deep dark recesses... There
was a config menu in the bootrom (in HP mode, apollo mode was
different) where you set the console device... If it's in RGB/HIL
mode, then you'll get nothing on the serial port...

Unfortunately, I can't remember the exact keystrokes... I think you
had to interrupt the bootrom with <esc> or something to get the config
menu... If the machine is in apollo mode, you will need to switch it
to HP mode in order to boot NetBSD.