Subject: Re: Xserver for NetBSD-3.x on Series 400 machines?
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@rvs.uni-bielefeld.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/21/2006 16:55:02
On 21.05.06, 20:21:27, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

> Anyway, one problem to integrate wscons drivers is that we have
> to switch all existing drivers (dv, gb, hy, rb and tc on both
> intio and dio) at once, but I can confirm only topcat on my HP425t.

Well, I could at least also test on Hyperion, if I find my special
cable. If that's of any help.

Really, having wscons and then a modern X11R6 Xserver (even if
unaccelerated) would make the machines so much more usable again.

> All changes should be trivial, but I'm afraid we could cause
> longstanding silly bugs on console (which causes silent hangs and
> hard to debug from remote) again if we put changes without tests
> on the real hardware.

Well, send the changes to me before committing. And also, breaking
things temporarily in -current might be acceptable. I remember SMP
on sparc being broken for months ...

> ---
> Izumi Tsutsui

Well, thanks again that there's at least someone interested in the
port-hp300 :)

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD:  No Windows or Gates, but lots of doors, portals and tunnels.
		-- Greywolf