Subject: Re: HP-IB spec?
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
List: port-hp300
Date: 06/23/2005 10:48:21
On Jun 22, 2005, at 6:19 PM, der Mouse wrote:

> The problem, of course, is a lack of HP-IB disk.  (I have maybe
> 500+100+100M of it, I think the 100M disks don't work, and it's
> been at
> least a year since I tried the half-gig disk.)

Sigh, no one claimed my HP-IB disks, and they were sent to the
recycler.  They were big MFM drives connected to an HP-IB interface.
(They were probably too heavy to ship to Montreal anyway).

> I have an IEEE488 Sbus card, but no information on the interface it
> persents to the host, so that's not much use.

See if you can determine which chip it uses.  Greg McGarry wrote an
ISA driver for the NEC 7210 GPIB chip (dev/isa/cec.c).

The hp300 port has drivers for the TI9914A (nhpib.c) ... I'm not sure
which chip fhpib.c supports.

Greg also has MI code for HPIB disks and tapes in sys/dev/gpib ...
the command set used by HP was called "CS/80".  You should be able to
obtain the knowledge you need from that code base.

-- thorpej