Subject: Re: Trouble booting
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-hp300
Date: 06/22/2005 14:13:30
>> | ID39 at 14
> Yah, that is one of the valid IDs for the SCSI card.  See
> sys/arch/hp300/dev/diodevs

Ah yes, 0x27, I see it listed.  I'll have to look to see if there are
any switch settings that might control that; if so, I can try the other
98658 ID settings to see if the ROM code recognizes them.

>> [S]eeing [the 98658A] called ID39 rather than 98658A makes me
>> suspect the bootroms don't recognize it and hence can't boot from it
> Man, you're really making me dig deep to remember this stuff :-)

:-)  I'm dealing with a lot of hazy memories myself here.

> That's certainly possible.  What model is your machine?  Rev A
> BOOTROM + 68020 ... is it a 320?

I don't know.  The front panel just has a little plate with the
Hewlett-Packard logo and name, then the number 300 set fairly large,
and in much smaller type just above it (and flush right), the number
9000.  I take it this makes it an HP9000/300 series machine, but I
don't know how to get anything more precise than that.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign