Subject: Re: MI com(4) committed
To: None <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/16/2003 03:47:35
In article <4760C6FA-1539-11D8-9DA8-000A957650EC@wasabisystems.com>
thorpej@wasabisystems.com wrote:

> That sounds good.  We'll leave the symlinks for one major release, and
> then remove them.  We should put info in the release notes about that.

Ok, I'll consider how it should be implemented in MD MAKEDEV files.

> Yah, sigh.  Unfortunately, I've been trying to give up the
> maintainership of port-hp300 for a few years now (I have little time to
> even power on my hp300s, let alone hack on them).  Are you interested
> in taking over?

Well, my interest is just "make machines/devices working with proper
implementation", and hp300 (or even news68k) is one of them ;-)

Any people can help developments and improvements, and
in these days release sets can be built by any machines, so
I think the main role of portmasters (especially ports for
obsolete hardware like hp300 and news68k) is making decisions
on port specific changes. In this point, I think you still
perform your role enough :-)
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp