Subject: Re: MI com(4) committed
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/08/2003 10:40:47
On Nov 8, 2003, at 3:44 AM, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

> MI src/etc/MAKEDEV.tmpl uses tty[0-9] and tty[01][0-9] for com(4),
> and several MD MAKEDEV.conf have MD names for their com(4) devices.
> On hp300, what names should be used for these serial devices?

I personally like what the Alpha port does here, /dev/ttyC[0-n] for
com(4).

Perhaps you could add some text to the hp300-specific section of the
release notes noting the major change for the APCI serial ports, and
the name change in general?

Perhaps we should rename the DCM serial ports to /dev/ttyM[0-n]?  Do
you have a DCM card?  Would you like one?  I could probably send you a
DCL card, as well (we don't even have a driver for that one yet :-)