Subject: Re: MI com(4) support patch (Re: hp300 switched to MI SCSI)
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/04/2003 21:32:01
In article <20031103123853.GA17306@localhost>
bsieker@freenet.de wrote:

> How will a serial console configured in the PROM interact with the
> com driver?

Comments in frodo.c says:

 * There are 4 APCI UARTs on the Frodo ASIC.  The first one
 * is used to communicate with the Domain keyboard.  The second
 * one is the serial console port when the firmware is in Domain/OS
 * mode, and is mapped to select code 9 by the HP-UX firmware (except
 * on 425e models).

So, first serial (which is used for console) on 425s
would be detected as DCA (com? at dio0 on the MI com kernel),
so it will be detected as well as 380/382.

With old kernel, it was detected as:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-hp300/2002/07/02/0003.html
---
intio0 at mainbus0
rtc0 at intio0 addr 0x420000
frodo0 at intio0 addr 0x41c000
dnkbd at frodo0 offset 0x0 not configured
apci0 at frodo0 offset 0x40: no fifo
apci1 at frodo0 offset 0x60: no fifo
hil0 at intio0 addr 0x428000
fb at intio0 addr 0x560000 not configured
dio0 at mainbus0: 98620C, 2 channels, 32 bit DMA
dca0 at dio0 scode 9 ipl 5: console, working fifo
device id = 0x6 secid = 0x0 at dio0 scode 12 not configured
 :
---

> (I think I only have one serial port at my 425s.)

Hmm, the dmesg says 425t (and maybe also 425s) has apci0 and apci1
ports other than dca0, but they are not connected anywhere? Hmm.

BTW, the second port of frodo is really mapped as dca on 425t/s?
Don't they really have DCA hardware?
I doubt it's possible to map device into differnt sparse address...

There is also dmesg of 425e:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-hp300/2002/04/17/0002.html
---
intio0 at mainbus0
rtc0 at intio0 addr 0x420000
frodo0 at intio0 addr 0x41c000
dnkbd at frodo0 offset 0x0 not configured
apci0 at frodo0 offset 0x20: console, no fifo
apci1 at frodo0 offset 0x40: no fifo
apci2 at frodo0 offset 0x60: no fifo
hil0 at intio0 addr 0x428000
 :
---
and in this case the second port (frodo0 offset 0x20) is
apci0 and used for serial console. Maybe we need testers
for comcninit function on 425e.
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp