Subject: Re: Is _any_body using NetBSD 1.6+ on a series 400 machine with
To: None <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@netbsd.org>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/28/2003 16:40:25
> > I suspect something is Wrong in the boot loader wrt. the handling o=
> > the graphics console, i.e. this is probably not a kernel problem, b=
ut
> > that's as far as I've managed to narrow it down so far.
>
> No, it could be a kernel problem... the kernel could be doing somethi=
ng =

> wrong when it maps the graphics console for consinit.

Does that explain why a kernel compiled on a hp300/1.5.3 (host) with
sources from 1 Jul 2001 (1.5W), resulting in an a.out kernel, works as
intended, while a cross-compiled from i386/-current (host), with
sources from the same date, but resulting in an ELF kernel, fails to
boot?

Regards,

- H=E5vard