Subject: Re: DIO patches
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/16/2003 22:02:13
In article <20030520184535.A2666@ieee.org>
g.mcgarry@ieee.org wrote:

> There's a hack in the DIO code which allows the nhpib driver to attach
> to an internal controller and a controller on DIO.  This appears to be
> a leftover from 4.3BSD where it was not possible to have a driver
> attach to different busses.  Of course, NetBSD has supported
> bus-dependent attachments for a long time.

I just notice my HP382 actually has DIO 98624A HP-IB board today ;-),
but it has not been probed properly for long time:
>> device id = 0x1 secid = 0x0 at dio0 scode 8 ipl 3 not configured

DIO_DEVICE_ID_NHPIB is defined as 0x80 in hp300/dev/diodevs, but
accroding to hp300/dev/nhpib.c rev1.13 and hp300/dev/hpibvar.h,
I think it should be 0x01 (defined as HPIBB in hpibvar.h).
Is this correct? No one has tried 98624 DIO fhpib?
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp