Subject: Re: Netbooting 1.6_BETA3?
To: Gregory McGarry <g.mcgarry@ieee.org>
From: Sageev George <sageev@bmsrs.usc.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/26/2002 22:34:41

Gregory McGarry wrote:
> Try overriding your console with CONSCODE=133 in your kernel
> config.

I was able to getting a working (non serial-port) console using Gregory's
recommendation.  Next, I wanted to try starting X.
First problem: No X available at releng.netbsd.org.  So,
I copied the various x*.tgz files from the 1.5.3
distribution (a recipe for disaster, I'm sure)
There were two problems upon executing xinit:

1. Failed dependency?

/usr/libexec/ld.so: xinit: libc.so.12.62: No such file or directory

(So, I copied libc.so.12.62.1 from the NetBSD 1.5.3 distro)

2. Missing something?
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 2
_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 2
giving up
xinit:  No such file or directory (errno 2):  unble to connect to \
X server
xinit: No such process (errno 3): Server error.

3. XhpBSD doesn't work?
hipnet47: {3} /usr/X11R5/bin/XhpBSD
Segmentation fault(core dumped)

Is this current problem that XhpBSD will not work in
1.6?  Is there anything that can be worked on or
recompiled?

-Sageev