Subject: Re: Netbooting 1.6_BETA3?
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/02/2002 02:52:28
On 02.07.02, 12:06:14, Gregory McGarry wrote:

> > Why it fails to initialize the framebuffer I do not know. But now I at
> > least have a console and can build a custom kernel and see how it
> > goes.
>
> dcacnattach() tries to test where the console is:
>
>         switch (dca->dca_id) {
> #ifdef CONSCODE
>         case DCAID0:
>         case DCAID1:
> #endif
>         case DCAREMID0:
>         case DCAREMID1:
>                 break;
>         default:
>                 bus_space_unmap(bst, bsh, DIOCSIZE);
>                 return (1);
>         }
>
> and is getting it wrong on the 400 series.  I've stared at the code
> now, and I can't see why it worked before and not now.

A Schroedinbug? It only manifests itself one someone actually looks at
the code and realizes that it could never possibly have worked at
all. ;)

Will a fix make it into 1.6?

> > I will see how a custom-made kernel fares.
>
> Try overriding your console with CONSCODE=133 in your kernel
> config.

I will, thanks for the tip.

> > Everything else seems to work fine.
>
> Except the real-time clock... yeah?

Well, yes, it complains that the real time clock is 647 days off, but
I run timed, which also compensates impossibly large offsets without
complaining, and my other machines have reasonably accurate clocks; so
after I boot multiuser, I don't care anymore.

--
Bernd Sieker

http://www.imrryr.org/NetBSD/logo
		-- R. C. Dowdeswell