Subject: Netbooting 1.6_BETA3?
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 06/30/2002 15:04:01
Hi,

I have a diskless HP 9000 433 (ex-425t, now 433dl), which was running
1.5.2 and 1.5.3 just fine. Since it has no important function and just
serves as an additional X-Terminal, I thought I'd give 1.6 a try.

First thing I noticed was that the bootloader SYS_UBOOT no longer uses
rarp, but now uses BOOTP to get its address, which is nice.

Having set up dhcpd to serve bootp info, the bootloader then proceeded
to boot the generic kernel from the 200020628 snapshot from
releng.netbsd.org, but after loading the kernel image, the machine
hangs after "entry point XXXXXX"

Anyone else trying to netboot 1.6?

Is this problem (and a workaround) documented somewhere?

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD: it'll be there when you're ready for it
		-- Greg Lehey