Subject: Re: Xhpux again
To: port-hp300@netbsd.org, Michael Tomschitz <michael@unterboihingen.de>
From: Michael Lorenz <ml@rz.uni-potsdam.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/28/2002 14:11:19
Hello,

>> > I recently tried Xhpux on a 345 running 1.5.2 without much luck - Xhpux
>> > starts, waits a while and then complains that it can't connect to the
>> > Graphics  Resource Manager. It also claims /usr/lib/grmd not to be
>> > executable which is wrong, grmd just terminates immediately. Has anyone
>> > got Xhpux running on 1.5.x ? All I heard so far was about 1.4.
>>
>> Better late than never but I ran into the same problem back when
>> 1.5 came out. 1.4.3 worked just fine. I didn't ktrace or run it under
>> gdb so I can't tell what's wrong.
>
>I installed 1.5.1 on an 423s. I tried the Xhpux, and it worked. I also had a
>Problem with the Graphics Resource Manager but i can't remember, what the
>Problem was. I know, that there was something wrong with the grmd. Config-File?
Yup, looks like grmd is the culprit, I think it should be something like a means of  hardware abstraction or so and is seems to be crucial for Xhpux to run.

>Did you check the Logfiles?
Nothing.

>Is there an Verbose-Mode? Or a Manpage? Sorry, its
>a Year ago...
No idea, I couldn't get it to produce any output ( it always died immediately, -?, -h or --help didn't help ), I didn't look (yet) for a manpage though...

have fun
Michael