Subject: Re: X11
To: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
From: Michael Wolfson <michael@nosflow.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/04/2002 14:42:19
At 11:17 PM +0200 5/4/02, Bernd Sieker wrote:

:)There's also an old HP-UX Xserver (also X11R5), which is slightly
:)faster than the old BSD server (which, I understand, was not even
:)NetBSD specific). Details or at least links to details are somewhere
:)in the documentation on www.netbsd.org.

Heh.  That's on my personal website.  We can't really distribute it on the
official FTP servers, which is why I was looking for a better solution for
the X server we *can* distribute.

:)On the 8bit Katamandu/Topcat boards (according to docs my board is the
:)Kaamandu, but according to the kernel it's a topcat, I'm not sure
:)which to believe, it's HP part number is A1416A) the Xhpux causes a
:)kernel panic when exiting.

Yeah, I had the same problem with an A1416A on a 433s back when I had
console access to it.  The board is AFAICT functionally identical to the
98550A.  It's got newer parts and PCB layout, but performs exactly the same
(according to x11perf), with exactly the same video specs.

  -- MW