Subject: Re: Installation of 20020415-current snapshot
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Lorenz <ml@rz.uni-potsdam.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/04/2002 12:06:23
Hi there,

>Errm. Do _any_ 400-series machines have external framebuffers? I
>thought series 400 all had internal DIO-boards as framebuffers, if
>any. (Having three series 400 machines myself (400t, 400s, 433t/dl),
>all with no or internal framebuffer.)
Hmm, the 433 I had the chance to play around with came with a TurboVRX 3D graphics device, an external box with lots of RAM, an i860 and some
other stuff inside that connected to the 433 with a DIO-II board and a rather thick ribbon cable.
Because these beasts were rather expensive there weren't much, so it's unsupported.
btw. even some supported framebuffers are external ( think gatorbox... )

have fun
Michael