Subject: Re: Model 300 support?
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Lorenz <ml@rz.uni-potsdam.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 03/26/2002 11:26:07
Hello,

>Unfortunately 68010 doesn't have an MMU. The sun2-hardware uses a custom
>Sun-designed MMU, I think. The original poster should know :)
Yeah, the 68010 was ( or at least there was some variant that was ) pin compatible to the 68000, some shops here offered 68010s as upgrades for 68000 based Amigas. They most definitely didn't
have any kind of MMU, the first 68k with integrated MMU was the 68030 as far as I remember.

>I'd love to get my hands on HP-UX 5 for m68k not to mention the ROM-based
>HP-UX version :-)
I've only ever seen this on a HP Integral PC, the ROM module sat in some weird socket on the back of the unit.

have fun
Michael