Subject: Re: Model 300 support?
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Jarkko Teppo <jarkko.teppo@er-grp.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 03/26/2002 12:06:47
Michael Wolfson said:
> At 2:40 AM +0000 3/26/02, jwbirdsa@picarefy.com wrote:
>
> :)which doesn't appear to currently be supported, but I also know that
> the :)010 isn't inherently insupportable because the Sun-2 port is
> operational. :)But perhaps the 300's lack an appropriate MMU?
>
> The 68010 has an MMU built-in, but it's not currently supported in
> NetBSD/hp300.  If you're really interested, the sun2 portmaster has
> expressed willingness to provide advice to any porting efforts for
> other 68010-based systems.

Unfortunately 68010 doesn't have an MMU. The sun2-hardware uses a custom
Sun-designed MMU, I think. The original poster should know :)

Anyway, there's a custom HP MMU but I think it was only used on 320 and 350.
Possible uses for the 310 include HP Basic (+pascal etc), SRM and possibly
older versions of HP-UX (1.x - 5.x (at least 5.x)). Cute little box but
it pales in comparison to the bigger boxes of the same series.

I'd love to get my hands on HP-UX 5 for m68k not to mention the ROM-based
HP-UX version :-)

ps. somebody correct me if my "facts" are wrong. again.
--
jht